Monday, August 27, 2007

Random Goong (MBC 2006) musings, etc.


(photo credit: yooneunye.org)






RANDOM Goong stuff:


Official site that shows the locales shown in the Korean Drama "GOONG".
http://english.tour2korea.com/02Culture/TVMiniseries/goong.asp?kosm=m2_6&konum=1

Joo Ji Hoon (6'2) and acting fame was in Goong. Won MBC Best Actor award as his portrayal of the cold seemingly emotionless Prince Lee Shin. He was not a popular choice when he was announced to portray Crown Prince Lee Shin by many manhwa fans. Once the drama came out, they were silenced.

Song Ji Hyo (stage name 송지효, Hanja: 宋智孝) played Jumongs wife and here in Goong is the Prince Consort Lee Shin's secret girlfriend the beautiful ballerina who refuses his wedding proposal only to regret later.

Kim Jeong Hoon (part of two man band UN) known in Japan as John Hoon. 김정훈 金正勋

The bears used for each episode (end) to point out the key moments was a very clever and cute idea! I looked forwarding to seeing them at the end of each episode.
One things I do not like of Korean dramas are some of the fashions I see. Granted I am not a fashionista, but I did not care for the "long skinny scarfs" or the girly necklaces and low sweater and button down shirt combos. Not to mention the weird color palettes they made the guys wear in the drama. Uhm they are supposed to be princes, not girls! I would get distracted and my sis and I would say no guy in America would be caught dead with that scarf or necklace on. Proves to show that men's fashion in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong can seem a bit on the feminine side. I preferred the school outfits and suits much better than to some of the casual outfits the male leads had to wear.

No comments: