Tuesday, April 24, 2007

TVB Hong Kong authentic food show

TVB show on eating authentic food in Hong Kong... "A Taste of Home"

A Taste of Home (原裝入口) Hosts: Kathy Chow (周汶錡), Otto Chan (陳志健)

Recently my mom has me watching this HK show about these two lucky hosts a guy and a gal. They talk to alot of expats who introduce them to great places in Hong Kong where they get authentic cuisine from their homeland. Then at the end, a recipe is made and everyone gets to eat. Per my folks, a few episodes were made and no longer done.

I have thus far seen Japan, Italy, France, Germany, India, Thailand with Mexican coming up but I was tired. The expats spoke very good Chinese (Cantonese) and the best was the Indian guy. My mom told me he was born and raised in Hong Kong, but the others spoke good Cantonese but it was after at least 10+ years living in Hong Kong. (I must admit, Cantonese is NOT an easy language at all with 8 tones --4 more than Mandarin. Plus the wealth of similar sounding words that are only separated by their TONES makes it even harder.)
But it is a great show!


food.tvb.com (check out this website---all in Chinese)

No comments: