Thursday, March 8, 2007

K dramas ---some thoughts

We mention a shared appreciation for Jumong (Song Il Gook) and Kim Sam Soon (Hyun Bin 현빈and Daniel Henney). I am catching an old tv show when his 어머니 visited Korea and their experiences together. It was beautiful and touching. I found through a fansite that Daniel was in a Valen Hsu video. *sigh Lucky her!
song title : 祝福了 singer: 許茹芸
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG18pHBGQSw
I mentioned instead of Kachi Video to rent online. I love renting movies and dramas online. It is my savior and Boston is not exactly a hot bed of places to get certain Asian Videos and movies to rent. Plus with my busy schedule I appreciate I get the stuff via the mail!!!!! Such convenience!

Ha Ji Won--Hwang Jini (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hwang_Jin_Yi) I want to see this drama!

So from a new friend, I learned some tidbits about some Kdrama/entertainment stars such as:
I learned that Song Il Gook's relatives where powerful during WWII and saved some Koreans at that time. His only daughter became an actress (Il Gook's mom). He has been in the industry for over 10 years but it has only been "Hae Shin" and "Jumong" where he has much success! JCK and I were wondering what is he going to do next since it seems like a great role! I want to see 하지원 Ha Ji Won's new Kiseang drama 황진이 (黃眞伊) / Hwang Jini(Hwang Jin Yi) (that ended KBS 2006) in Korea. I saw her first in "SECRET" 비밀 as Kim Ha Neul's evil sister. As my sis said, at that time all the "evil" female characters had big permed hair! (Same with the girl in "Winter Sonata" too Park Sol Mi's character). SCK recommended to put on my radar Hyun Bin's newest (just ended in Korea and parts were filmed in Europe -Austria I believe) Snow Queen (2006 KBS) 눈의 여왕 / Noon Eui Yeo Wang and "Something Happened in Bali" 2004 발리에서 생긴 일 (Bal-li-e-seo Saeng-gil Il)

No comments: